Sunday, August 24, 2008

Good book about fishing places around Washington

I recieved an awesome book about all the places in Washington state to go fishing; the book is written by Terry Rudnick and is from Foghorn Outdoors and it is called Washington Fishing: The Complete Guide to Fishing Lakes, Rivers, Streams, and the Ocean. This book is a must for anyone who loves to fish in Washington; it has tips where to find and catch top Washington sport fish such as rainbow trout, steelhead, chinook, and halibut, a list of top Fishing Spots such as lakes and where to take the kids fishing, where to camp, driving directions to each fishing site and details on where to park. It's "an angler's bible" according to the Seattle Times.

I enjoyed this book so much I had to let my neighbor read it and I started planning trips to many places and even highlighted the places I want to fish some day. In my words...a must for all anglers!! So if you know someone who is just getting into fishing this book would help a lot and even gives the best times of year to go to each fishing spot and what species runs in the rivers around Washington state.

Another great book that I highly recommend is called Washington River Maps & Fishing Guide from Frank Amato Publications. It contains detailed fishing maps and tactic/success charts just to name a couple of great benefits. I found this book very helpful.

No comments: