Sunday, August 24, 2008

My fishing blog

I have decided to start this blog because I absolutely love to fish; especially fishing for salmon here in the Pacific Northwest in the rivers around Washington state. I began fishing when I was just a little kid, going with my Grandpa and my step dad (that was 32 years ago) and til this day I continue my love for fishing. Not only is fishing part luck but it is also part skill; knowing how to read the water is a major part of fishing, especially river fishing for salmon and steelhead and what days may be better and what days might not be so good. When growing up we had a boat that we would go out into the Puget Sound for the weekend and I always loved to fish if given the opportunity, then when my mom divorced my stepdad I never fished for salmon again...that was until I met my wife Brenda; she had a friend she went to High School with and he fished the rivers for salmon and steelhead and he has taught me and that was 12 years ago and it is still my favorite fishing of all. I just love the anticipation of possibly catching a huge king and the awesome strength salmon have. I will continue to blog on here and give tips and advice on many different things about fishing, egg curing, recipes for smoked salmon and more.

No comments: