Monday, September 1, 2008

Upcoming blog entries

I have decided on a few new blog entries which I'am really looking forward to doing very soon; one of which is on how to tie a spin-n-glow (I have about 50 different colors of these and different sizes) rig set up and the other is how to tie a corkie rig(I have about 150 different sizes and colors); the spin-n-glow is typically used for what we call plunking (where we use a pyramid style weight large enough to let the rig set on the bottom of the river sometimes about 3-4 oz. with a cluster of eggs and let the fish find the bait) and the corkie rig set up is typically used for drift fishing where we use a small pencil lead that has been placed in surgical tubing to match the diameter of the pencil lead, casting upriver and letting the rig drift through a section of river attempting to make a salmon mad and hopefully therefore chase it and bites it, as salmon are teritorrial.

There are also many different colors of fishing yarn(I have about 20 different colors) that can be tied on the corkie rig; when yarn is used it gets caught in the teeth ot the fish and makes it harder for the fish to spit the hook and get loose.

I will include pictures on both rigs and each step taken to tie the two different rigs and also include some pictures with yarn and also eggs. I will also be showing how to fillet a fish, some more recipes, as well as some hunting tips when I start hunting this fall for deer. Keep checking back for both of the above posts and the pictures; these will be coming very soon. You may also subscribe to my blog and when I make these entries you will be notified. Until next time...Good day.

1 comment:

david santos said...

Great!!!
Congratulations.