Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Bad year for fishing

Well, this year hasn't been very good for salmon fishing for me. I have been fishing about two dozen times and have come home empty handed every time. A few days ago I took my oldest daughter fishing at Kennedy Creek here in Washington and didn't see any fish, it didn't help the matter that there were three seals chasing the fish either. However, up the road about 6 miles in the saltwater they were catching fish left and right, but this year I decided not to purchase my saltwater tag, so therefore, I cannot fish the saltwater.

The next few years may not be too good either with the flooding we have had in the past few years and with the rains and the snow. The floods wash away most, if not all of the eggs that are laid in the river by the fish when they spawn.

I will try to fish for Steelhead this year and maybe I will have better luck with them; but these fish are very smart and the numbers of them are not as plentiful as salmon.

No comments: